Monday, September 13, 2010 | By: Oakseer

Week 2 Assignment

My First Oath




I actually took my first oath on Saturday 9/11/10. This all happened by chance. I received my new member packet the day before, I was heading out the door to go camping with my boyfriend. I decided to bring it so I could start reading Our Own Druidry. The spot we picked to go camping ended up not working out. We actually had 3 spots picked out and decided the order we wanted to try to get the spots, and named each one so it would be easier to identify when we talked about them. Our next one was one we called pagan place. We chose that name because when we first found it there was a circle of stones surrounding a big tree. Every thing about it felt as though this spot was used as a ritual area. This area was a thing of beauty with a river flowing by several tall trees kinda like a grove. Hmm...



So here it is Saturday morning I got up early got a fire going and was sitting warming up reading Our Own Druidry. I got to the first oath they have in there. After I read it I stoped to contemplate it. I took in my surroundings and realized I had a natural alter. The time just seemed right. There was a fog coming off the river. The sun rising above the mountains. I couldn't pick a better time to do this. I didn't do a ritual or anything I just did what felt right. I again read the oath aloud this time taking into heart the words and the meaning. After I felt like I needed to do something more. As I stood before the river I felt as though I needed to make a sacrifice. I reached into my pocket and found four quarters. So with each one I took the oath again before the four gods I have always felt a bond with. Dagda, Brighid, Morrigan, and Taranis. I said I take this oath before you Dagda..ect and after I said it for each I threw in a quarter.



I felt pleased with myself and with my oath I felt it was from my heart and the Gods knew that. I went and set by the fire again to contemplate more on what I just did. What happened next I'm not sure if it was from the Morrigan or just a coincidence and I'm not going to worry about it but take it for what it is. A black bird came down to a branch next to me and made its presents known. The raven is a form of Morrigan's.

No comments:

Post a Comment